Marauder II Chassis
Custom Stainless Steel Cab Designs Providing Unmatched Protection
When it comes to cabs and chassis, Seagrave has a tremendous story to tell – something no other apparatus manufacturer can match. It is about firefighter safety. It happens to be one of Seagrave’s primary concerns – because getting to the fire can be just as dangerous as actually fighting the fire.
The Marauder II Cab is a great example of how Seagrave meets this challenge better than anyone. The Marauder II is built with more structural integrity than any other cab on the market. It is the only cab of its type to offer a rigid, stainless steel subassembly that totally surrounds and protects the driver, captain and crew.
It all starts with a substantial three inch steel subframe
This remarkable cab begins with a Seagrave exclusive – a substantial three inch rectangular-tube steel subframe. Welded over this subframe is a completely enclosed, all-stainless steel superstructure that creates a protective cage. The entire structure is then covered with heavy gauge, stainless steel. The finished Marauder II cab is not only stronger than any competitor’s, but safer, too.
Seagrave cabs continue to save lives, even when the unexpected happens. So why leave safety to chance? Before you specify a new fire apparatus, be sure to investigate the competitive facts. You’ll quickly discover that Seagrave is the only company to offer a stainless steel protective cage for firefighter transport safety.
- Cummins ISX12 Engine 500HP 11.9L
- Cummins ISL9 Engine 450 HP 8.9L
- Cummins ISL9 Engine 400 HP 8.9L
Overflow and Windshield Fluid Access
- Conveniently located inside the driver’s step area
- No special tools needed; simply remove fill cap and fill.
Low Engine Tunnel Heights
- Allows more room for better staging of internal equipment
- Two power distribution points
- Flexible switch panel and radio placement
- Clear-sight dashboard design and overhead control consoles
- Back-lit dash panel with dimmer switch
- Superior ergonomics for both control and vision
Seagrave Info Center
- Displays critical engine functions
- Digital clock
- Maintenance functions include: Engine hours, Pump hours and PTO hours.
- Multiple independently controlled vents located throughout the cab provide superior air control and makes auxiliary fans unnecessary
- Dual fan single condenser on roof protected by cover
- Dedicated airflow sweeps windshield for fog-free visibility – even in toughest conditions
Designed for Outstanding Ride, Safety and Function
- Interior space is designed for optimized headroom and leg room
- Minimum of 57" floor-to-ceiling height – the most headroom in its class
- Ultra quiet cab design using the latest in NVH technology
- Engineered to achieve under 85 dB inside the cab
- High density wear track anti-slip floor covering
Stainless Steel Full Tilt Cab
- No plastic or fiberglass shall be used in the construction of the cab sub-frame, floor assembly, front assembly, side assemblies, back wall assemblies or roof assembly.
- Allows quick and safe access to engine and system components
- Tethered control allows operator to stand a safe distance away from cab during tilting operation
Seagrave Builds a Better Body
- Available in stainless steel, aluminum, or Polyprene
- Strength and durability tested rubber-isolator mounted body limits tortional stress loads
- 500 to 3000 gallon water tanks
- Rescue style full height/full depth compartments available
- Low hose bed access designs
- Choice of hinged or roll-up compartment doors
- 4, 6, or 8 SCBA bottle storage compartments